Snapshot: Band Hamstring Stretch
Hamstring Stretch Description
Have tight hamstrings or lower back pain? Try this band PNF hamstring stretch. PNF stretching, or proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation stretching, is a method of stretching used to immediately increase range of motion. Try adding this stretch as part of your warm up routine, or even every day if your hamstrings are really tight!
Hamstring Stretch Steps
- Laying on your back, use a band or towel to pull your leg towards your head
- When at tension, use 10% of your strength and push your leg into the band/towel to cause tension in the hamstring
- Hold for 10 seconds and release tension.
- Then use the band/towel to bring the leg further back
- Repeat steps 1-4 2-5 times depending on flexibility