Yes, Bacon In Cookies!!
These paleo bacon chocolate chip cookies are grain, gluten & dairy free.
10 min. Prep Time // 12 min. Cook Time // 22 min. Total Time // yields 8
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil (measure after melting)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate (I used 85%)
- 2-3 tablespoons cooked & crumbled bacon (about 2 slices)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Combine almond flour, salt & baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together wet ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add the chocolate and bacon to the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients on top. Mix with a spatula until combined.
- Wet hands and form about 11/2 tablespoons of the dough into balls. Place on the baking sheet and press down slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Cookies will be very soft right out of the oven. Give them 3-5 minutes to harden up and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Sprinkling with sea salt straight out of the oven while still soft is highly recommended
*This is an amazing cookie recipe I got from Gina Matsoukas on her blog running to the kitchen.
Get Started Here:
Swiesz Family Chiropractic is currently accepting new patients in their Hampstead and Durham, NH locations. Click on the link below to get started!