Crispy Smashed Potatoes
I got this recipe from Allison Fitzpatrick at The Clean Kitchen. It was excellent. I use the fact that my kids devoured them as confirmation of its deliciousness.
1 1/2 lbs tiny red potatoes
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, melted ghee or melted coconut oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
2. Keeping the potatoes whole, skin on, place in a pot and fill with water until all the potatoes are covered.
3. Bring the potatoes to a boil and cook until you can easily stick a fork through them (times will vary depending on your potato size, but approx 20 minutes or so).
4. Drain the potatoes and place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
5. Using a fork, gently smash the potatoes until they are almost flat.
6. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients.
7. Using a basting brush, brush the seasoning mixture onto all the potatoes.
8. Bake the potatoes at 475 for approximately 30 or until golden brown and crispy.
Thanks Allison! You can find The Clean Kitchen on Face Book