Glute trigger points and hip stiffness
Here are some quick signs your glutes may be affecting your hips.
- You feel a tightness in the “back pocket” region of your low back when you squat down or bend over.
- Your hips feel stiff when you go from sitting to standing and you blame it on “getting old”.
- you can’t rest your foot on your opposite thigh (figure four) without pain in the hip region.
Foam Rolling technique to get grid of glute trigger points.
- Place a firm foam roller (available in most sporting good sections) under the glute muscle as seen above.
- Gently move your Glute back and forth on the roller looking for tender spots.
- When a spot is found, stay still on the area for a 30 second count.
- Continue on to other regions of the muscle and repeat as necessary.
- Spend up to 2-3 min per muscle.
Get Started Here:
Swiesz Family Chiropractic is currently accepting new patients in their Hampstead and Durham, NH locations. Click on the link below to get started!