Want a Longer Drive? Try These Exercises.
There are several exercises that can help increase drive distance in golf:
- Resistance Band Rotational Pulls: Attach a resistance band to a stationary object and stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Holding onto the band with both hands, rotate your torso as far as possible, then release the tension and repeat on the other side. This exercise will help increase your rotational power, which is essential for generating clubhead speed and distance.
- Medicine Ball Slams: Hold a medicine ball with both hands and stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Raise the ball above your head, then slam it down onto the ground as hard as you can. Pick up the ball and repeat. This exercise will help increase your explosiveness and power, which will translate into more distance off the tee.
- Deadlifts: Deadlifts are a great exercise for building overall strength and power, which can help increase your drive distance. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and a barbell on the ground in front of you. Bend down and grab the bar with both hands, keeping your back straight. Lift the bar up off the ground, then lower it back down. Repeat for several repetitions.
- Squats: Squats are another exercise that can help increase overall strength and power. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a weight in front of your chest. Bend down as if you are sitting in a chair, then stand back up. Repeat for several repetitions.
- Plyometric Box Jumps: Plyometric box jumps are a great way to increase explosive power and leg strength, which can help increase drive distance. Stand in front of a box or step and jump onto it, then jump back down and repeat for several repetitions.
Remember to consult with a fitness professional to ensure you are using proper form and to tailor a program to your specific needs and abilities.
Back Pain, Neck Pain, Knee Pain, Shoulder Pain, Headaches?
We Can Help!
Just click the get started button below and request a consultation. We have chiropractic offices in Durham NH and Hampstead NH.
We accept most insurance and have affordable rates for the uninsured. Click the button above, you’ve got nothing to lose but the pain!